Monday, May 18, 2009

Tummy Time

Olivia and I went to the pediatrician recently for her two-month check up. Dr. Moore encouraged me to expand the amount of "Tummy Time" that Olivia is getting to continue to build her neck muscles. She emphasized that until she gets used to it, Olivia will really dislike these exercises. She had been laying flat on a blanket on the kitchen table and really enjoyed that time, so I found it hard to believe she would despise the Boppy. Let me just say that this particular exercise is an acquired taste that Olivia has not yet embraced.

Dr. Moore said that giving her something interesting to look at and reach for would help, so we started with this cow because of its coloring (newborns can most easily see the contrast of black, white, and red).

Olivia was not impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I love knowing someone is reading this.