Monday, March 7, 2011

Big Girl Room

In addition to the awesome accomplishment of wearing Big Girl Panties, Olivia moved into her Big Girl Bedroom recently. While she spent her first weekend away from home at Gran and Pops’ house, C and I transformed the former guest room into a Big Girl Paradise. I wanted to be sure that she felt her room was an exciting part of Getting Big, not a Thing She Was Forced Into By The Arrival of Little Sister. After a week in her new room, I would say, Mission Accomplished. She came home from Gran & Pops’ and wasn’t really sure what to think of the idea that all of those new things belonged to her. I think she’s adjusted nicely – it only took a couple of nights for her to be completely at ease sleeping in the Big Girl Bed.

I told her I wanted to get some photos of her Big Girl Room, and she wanted to be in all of them. Here’s her new bed, which is actually my bed from my parents’ house. I got it when I was 12, which is also when I picked out the headboard that Olivia is now the proud owner of. C and I picked out the bedding at Target while she was gone, and she thinks it is fabulous.

100_2419

I think her favorite part of the room so far is the tableside lamp. She can reach to turn it on and off herself and is very proud every time she does.

100_2422

We also found this cute little chair at JC Penny – she loves to sit it in to put on her shoes when we get dressed in the morning. Behind her is the toy chest that her Pops made for her.

100_2426

And an action shot – Liv tucked in and ready for Night Night.

2 comments:

  1. What a BIG girl! The room looks great! Can't wait to visit and see it...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love knowing someone is reading this.