Saturday, October 3, 2009

Papa's Birthday


We went to visit Papa for his birthday in August (I know, I've got a backlog of blog material. I'm working on it) and also helped Ollie's Army raise money to help cure CF (we ate hotdogs and rode with Papa while he worked on his poker hand). It was a good time!

Gran snatched Olivia up the second we arrived and they had a good time hanging out and meeting people. They also tested the waters in the lake with their toes, and Olivia wasn't too keen on the cold water. She got over that in Navarre, but we were a bit worried after this first aquatic encounter.



C and I took the opportunity to go for a nice walk Sunday morning sans baby. We enjoyed the fresh air and adult conversation (well, I did anyway. I listen to a lot of babble during my days) while Olivia spent some quality time with Gran and Papa. Gran got Olivia a cool activity mat to play on at their house, and she had a lot of fun investigating her new toy.



And, for his birthday, Papa got a webcam from Olivia so they can Skype! We've tested it out once to make sure it works properly, but I think that this weekend might be a good time to break it in and have a nice chat!



C and I also brought Olivia to visit one of her great-grandmothers while we were in the area. Grannie enjoyed the visit and Olivia had a great time playing in Grannie's lap while we all talked. Cousin Chase was also at Grannie's so Olivia got to meet him for the first time, too.






1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine how thilled Grannie was to see you all, especially Olivia :) I know she loves visitors!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love knowing someone is reading this.