Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Olivia's First Party Invitation

So I realize that Olivia will never remember attending a birthday party at the ripe old age of 8 ½ months, but don’t judge me for spending my Saturday at a one-year old’s birthday party unless you have children of your own. That’s all I’m saying.

Olivia’s BFF, Halle, turned one this November and her party was the weekend before Thanksgiving. There were grand plans for a hay ride, but the weather didn’t cooperate so the babies all played inside with toys and each other.

There was a lot of crawling, plenty of walking, some crying, a bit of screaming and lots of laughing. And the kids had a good time, too.

Olivia was the youngest child there, and she made plenty of friends and got passed around quite a bit. Here she’s pictured with Halle’s great-grandmother, who was the oldest person in attendance. I think they make quite the pair, don’t you?

The highlight of the party for Olivia was the juice box. I knew that Olivia could use a straw, but up until this particular day I’d only given her water to drink. We were off of our feeding schedule because of the party, so I thought I’d give Olivia a little apple juice to tide her over until we could get home. She sucked down all 6 ounces in about a minute.

Y’all, I think she liked it.

And finally, here’s a shot of Olivia and the birthday girl. The invitation said to come dressed for barnyard outdoor fun – isn’t she a doll in those overalls?


4 comments:

  1. Hey!!!! I didn't know you had a blog until you commented on my Tee Tee post. Thanks for "lurking"! Now, I'll be able to keep up with you too!
    It looks like you are doing great. Your daughter is precious! Aren't girls so much fun? It just keeps getting better and better, if you can believe it. I'm glad we'll be able to stay updated on you and your family now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we want a new post, we want a new post, we want a new post, we want a new post:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Honey...its time for a new post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need new pics!!!!!!
    Popa

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love knowing someone is reading this.