Thursday, March 4, 2010

Help! I've Fallen, and I Can't Get UP!

I may have hinted in previous posts that, sometime in December, Olivia developed an independent streak and thinks she is a Big Girl now. Which is good, of course, because it makes her want to develop new skills like walking and whatnot. The downside is that she sometimes bites off more than she can chew, so to speak, and tends to need frequent rescuing. (Yes, I know, I can't imagine where she gets this stuff from.)

Anyway, here is Olivia playing with her new activity table in the living room. She happily bangs on it by herself and I can sometimes slip into the laundry room or kitchen and get something done while she is playing. I am usually called back by a frantic cry, however, and here is what happens:



Until she recently moved up to 12 month outfits, the footie pajamas (and shoes, for that matter) were all slick-bottomed and eventually Olivia's feet would come out from underneath her. And since she doesn't like being on her belly, she would just hang on for dear life until the Rescue Squad stood her up again.

1 comment:

Leave a comment! I love knowing someone is reading this.