Friday, March 5, 2010

Redheaded Step Fur-Child

As you all know, it's been a cold winter here in the Deep South. Way colder than what we are used to -- I mean, here it is March and we're still wearing long sleeves! It's probably El Nino or global warming.

Anyway, with all the cold weather, the pups have been back indoors a time or two this winter. They have the basement, which is climate controlled, but then Rocky starts making sweet eyes at me and shivering at the back door, and I cry from all the guilt and let them sleep inside. Then of course I cuss all the dog hair everywhere, get fed up and send them out again.

Rocky and Lulu have never really known what to make of Olivia. Lulu has always wanted to love on her, but when she was brand new, Rocky sniffed her and when she cried and didn't scratch his rear end, he decided she was useless and never paid attention to her again. So when he came indoors for several days in January, he was a little nervous about Olivia.



Can you see that his ears are pinned back? She kept scooting over there to see what Rocky was doing (eating his breakfast) and trying to pull off his collar while he ate. So I called her to distract her, and this was Rocky peeking around the corner to make sure she was gone so he could eat in peace.


Eventually he gave up. Right after this he sat at my feet with his ears pinned back and made the most pitiful face. I could practically hear him asking me why I don't love him anymore.

1 comment:

  1. fortunately Rocky is very forgiving; love on him when Livie is taking a nap a couple of times and throw his rope for him (or just keep Lulu away from him):)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love knowing someone is reading this.