Thursday, April 1, 2010

As Heard On Sesame Street

While I was making Olivia's breakfast this morning, I turned the TV on to PBS. She likes to dance to the music on the children shows and I needed her to do something besides ask me to hold her. Win-win, right? Well, I don't know when is the last time you watched Sesame Street, but I think it's safe to say it's changed a bit in the 25 years since I last tuned in. Here's what I heard:

It's almost time for Abby's Flying Fairy School but first we're gonna drop it like it's hot because it's time to freestyle with... the Letter U!

Let's all shimmy, let's all shake, let's make the sound that The Letter U makes! Everybody say "uh, uh, uh..."


Is it just me, or does anyone else think that PBS puppets who talk like R&B music are a little freaky?

4 comments:

  1. Liz, welcome to my world.

    I guess I just shelter my kids too much, but I am AMAZED by the things that our children are exposed to on a daily basis. I won't get on my soap box on your blog, but I can tell you that it only gets worse. At least right now, she's with you all of the time!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT! Really, I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Olivia some "Baby Einstein" dvds.
    POP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drop it like it's hot? Really?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love knowing someone is reading this.