Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Our Gardener Isn't Afraid...

To get dirty! I have been working in our flowerbeds quite a bit this spring, trying to enjoy more time outdoors and improve the look of our yard. We purchased a fig tree and some blueberry bushes that are already old enough to produce fruit -- by the end of the summer, Olivia will be helping me to pick fruit in our own yard!

I've also been tending to our irises and adding some perennials to bring a little color to the yard. I usually try to get out in the garden during nap time, but occasionally Olivia works out there with me.
She is very serious about dirt work. She moved small piles of clay/dirt into the empty trays...

And then emptied them.


I also suspect that she was taste testing when my back was turned. Her face was smeared with a lovely mixture of spit, runny nose and mud.

No one will ever be able to say she's afraid to get her hands dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I love knowing someone is reading this.