Monday, April 12, 2010

The Bathroom Wrap Up

So, I guess most folks who read this were at Olivia's birthday party and saw the finished bathroom, but I wanted to tie up this loose end, especially since we are so proud of our finished product. I believe my last update left off at tiling the shower surround, so here you can see that completed. The tiles are a biscuit/ivory color, and the accent trim is a mosaic of taupes and one with just a hint of blue to it. (You can kind of see it in the close up of the wall cubby -- did C do an awesome job with those or what??)


We went Old School with the floor tiles -- they are small hexagons that are a blend of neutral browns.


Can you see the touch of blue? The wall color really brings it out and ties the whole thing together. I'd like to say that I realized that when I picked out these little glass tiles, but that would be a lie.

We also put up wainscot that was painted to match the biscuit tiles and our trim throughout the house. As you can see, the beadboard starts at the same level as the mosaic shower trim, providing a clean visual line in the final product.


C got to use the nail gun and air compressor he got for Christmas to finish this part of the project, which was a happy thing for everyone but Olivia. She was not a fan of the nail gun.

See how nice the lines look when they match? I did 90% of the painting in the bathroom, for two reasons: 1) I like to, and wasn't able to do any of our home painting while pregnant for Olivia and 2) I am home during the week.

Next we installed the vanity and commode. I was very particular about the vanity because this bathroom is tiny, making storage important. We found this cabinet with several drawers, and we can still store bath towels in the single cabinet.

And finally, here is the finished product. The mirror is a medicine cabinet, which also provides extra storage space, and matches all of the oiled bronze plumbing fixtures (which we have throughout the house).



So now that we have two working bathrooms again, you're all invited to come visit for a weekend!

1 comment:

Leave a comment! I love knowing someone is reading this.