Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mmm Mmm Good!

Today, Olivia had her very first Meal-with-a-Spoon. She has been eyeing up everything that C and I eat and drink for weeks now, so we knew it wouldn't be long before it was time to graduate to solid foods. She cut her first two teeth last week, and I guess she decided that she was ready to put those chicklets to work! Less than two hours after nursing this morning Olivia was hungry again, so we mixed up some rice cereal and got ready.




We tried this a couple of weeks ago when Olivia first started cutting teeth and we didn't know that was what was making her so cranky -- we thought she was hungry. At the time, she spit everything out and just chewed on the spoon. So I gave her her own spoon to play with while I fed her this morning, and she has really great hand control! She had no problem getting it in her mouth several times. I didn't make it as runny as the box says to, and she really seemed to enjoy it once she figured out she was supposed to swallow it.


4 comments:

  1. That's my girl! Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so cool! She did a wonderful job! and Mom did a good job with the camera..- Aunt Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! She really enjoyed her "first meal" too! PaPa

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love knowing someone is reading this.