Friday, September 17, 2010

Busted

So having a dog and a toddler is a lot like having two toddlers. Rocky has been with me for more than six years now, so one big difference between him and Olivia (besides the obvious) is that I know what Rocky is thinking. He, unlike my daughter, is done developing, learning and evolving and after years of watching his wheels turn, I am fairly in sync with my dog. Have you seen the commercials with the dogs who have thought bubbles on cards that they display to their owners? I swear sometimes I can see Rocky's thought bubbles. I like to think he is pretty smart, but he can do things occasionally that remind me he is just a dog.

Rocky knows that there are some things he is not allowed to do, and he has gotten fairly good at not getting caught doing them. Notice I did not say he has gotten good at following the rules. One of these things he is not supposed to do is play with Olivia's stuffed animals. I try to keep their toys separate, although neither one of them sees a problem with sharing.
 


I don't think these photos can properly convey his utter humiliation at being caught red-handed when I came home from the grocery store. Eeyore's tail got snagged on his collar, and his Walk of Shame was a slow and clunky one. I think all the laughing further wounded his pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I love knowing someone is reading this.