Friday, September 17, 2010

WOW Fun


One recent morning, around eight o'clock, I was losing my mind. More than usual. Olivia had been up since before six and was on Wide Open with a generous side of Whine. So as I sat there wondering how I was going to make it through the day, I suddenly remembered that one of the moms I know from MOPS said she takes her kids to the Exploreum. A quick internet search for hours and admission info, and I called C to let him know that we were going. I called my friend Emily, whose daughter Halle is 4 months older than Olivia and we headed downtown.

The Exploreum has an area specifically designed for small children called the Wharf of Wonder, or WOW. The girls had a blast exploring and playing for a couple of hours before we headed off to find lunch. Here's a few photos from the morning:

Halle is crossing the Wharf
Those green things connect together, and Liv is trying to attach them
These wedge mats form a "Reading Room Circle"
This is Halle's baby brother, Max, who Olivia just adores. She's giving him hugs and kisses.
Building and climbing in a different part of the Wharf.
The only downside to our little adventure was the fact that Olivia and I woke up the next morning with colds. I can only assume this is because she played in a petri dish, WOW Style. I think our next visit will be the day after the monthly Wharf cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I love knowing someone is reading this.