Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day

Sunday morning during church, I asked C how he felt about inviting some families from church over for a cookout on Monday. Since he is incredibly good-natured and easy-going, he said sure. So we had four families join us Monday afternoon for burgers, hotdogs, tacos and a host of other dishes and desserts. We had so much fun! The kids all played so well together, and after we ate they splashed around in the yard until it was dark outside. (Miraculously, there were no bugs!) Rocky had more fun than anyone else, I think. He was in heaven with so many children turned loose with food. I never thought to pull my camera out once the whole time our friends were visiting, so thank you to Keri for sending me hers!

 IMG_7208
Here are the guys eating – the dining table was full of women and children. I think someone forgot to tell Matt to wear green.
IMG_7209 
(Most of) the ladies. We were enjoying a few minutes of adult conversation before we had to help wrangle the (missing from this picture) kiddos.
IMG_7222
Lily and Blake having fun with balls. How cute (and up to no good) is this duo?
 IMG_7228
The par-tay moved outside. I’m not sure what John Michael is showing Lily, but these two are best buds.
IMG_7239
Olivia is the youngest of this crowd by six months, which is a lot at this age, but she had a blast trying to keep up!
IMG_7242
IMG_7260
IMG_7273
Rocky was never very far from the action – he’s hoping John Michael will share his fig newton here. And Olivia is displaying her “shock and awe” face, which cracks me up.
IMG_7275
All in all, it was a great day, and we are so thankful for our friends.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had fun! I love O's "shock and awe" face -- too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love knowing someone is reading this.