Thursday, September 2, 2010

Summertime Fun

We've had to stay inside a lot this summer because of the ridiculous heat and the bugs that infest our lovely wooded neighborhood, but we have enjoyed the occasional day playing outside as a family. I've tried to keep the plants in my flowerbed alive (somewhat successfully) and now that Olivia is walking, she has enjoyed exploring the yard around the house. I think on this particular weekend, C was weeding while I watered. After a while, Olivia insisted on trying her hand at using the hose. These are the photos I got before she turned it on me.

Everything goes in the mouth, even the water hose.

She has absolutely no control over where this thing is pointing.

Soaked but highly pleased with herself.
After all that hard work in the flowerbeds, Olivia was ready for a break. C had the ultimate summer time treat for her to enjoy -- watermelon! He chopped up a seedless melon and gave her a slice. I think she likes it.

C and Mini-C

Mmmm.  
So at this point, Olivia decided that Rocky should get to enjoy some watermelon, too. He got the rest of this piece, and she got a new one.

Then she dropped this one on the ground -- watermelon is slippery! -- and before either of us could do anything about it, she picked it up, gave Rocky a lick, and started eating it again. Oh well, she's eaten worse.

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I'm sure Chad is happy you posted that picture of him too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great pics, I think I have one of me eating water melon as aliitle fella! Pop

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love knowing someone is reading this.